Thursday, April 26, 2012

pleased to meet you: elza sunderland

 
one | two | three | four | five | six | seven | eight

Elza was born in Hungary, educated in New York and was highly involved in the apparel industry in LA in the 40's and 50s.  
I recently came across Elza's work while trolling the digital archives of the LACMA museum. Her body of textile design is extensive (over 2,000 designs in her nearly 40 year career), I encourage you to go take a look. I'm a sucker for a good conversational print and her designs have lots of fun ones.

I have a couple upcoming posts lined up to share some of my favorites from her body of work. 

1 comment:

scott davidson said...

Some pretty designs alright. Doing the painting yourselves is more fun but a good place for ideas for more design is this site of wahooart.com, that I use to help with my wall decorations.
You can browse for a painting like this The tree, by 20th century Czech artist, Frantisek Kupka, for example, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LHUQV , that can be ordered on line and delivered to you.